China Business Training
Scheduled China Business Training covers a comprehensive range of business topics separated into eight half day modules (below) allowing participants to attend the modules most relevant to them. Cost is NZ$50 per participant.Scheduled training is deployed across New Zealand and you can view the schedule/locations and book your place through the Training Calendar.
Half Day Modules:
Module 1: China Readiness
Why go to China? This module helps you make the China decision with insights in to market dynamics, culture, demographics and the political environment. It covers how to go about researching the market, adapting products and services, brand management and sales and marketing in China.
1. Market Overview: Economy, Demographics - Regional, Urban/rural, gender, generational, social status, education background
2. Business Ethics & Values
3. Building & Maintaining relationships
4. Aspirational Marketing in China
5. Positive/negative symbolism, language & visual cues
6. Media and communications
7. Adapting Products & Services to suit the China market
8. Branding in China
9. Developing a sales team and selling in China
10. Further Resources
Module 2: China Market Entry Strategy
Having decided to enter the China market, learn about the different modes of entry (including via Hong Kong and Taiwan), legal and management structures, China’s government priorities, business negotiation and meeting protocol.
1. Agents & Distributors
3. Hong Kong and Taiwan
4. Predicting the Future in China – China’s 12th 5 year plan
5. Business Negotiation – the parties, stages and strategies
6. Meeting Protocol
7. Further Resources
Module 3: China Operations – HR, Communication & Management, Manufacturing, R&D
This module covers Human Resources essentials: recruitment, remuneration, labour law, performance management; Manufacturing in China; and conducting R&D in China.
1. Employment options
2. Recruitment: NZ Chinese/Diaspora, agencies, interviewing/hiring/retaining staff
3. China HR Policies
4. Salary & benefits
5. Indirect Communication, Giving & Receiving Feedback
6. Managing Chinese Staff and performance
Manufacturing in China
1. Making the decision
2. Options – Contract, Licensed, Own facility, JV
3. Quality and Supervision
4. Due diligence and IP
5. Finding the right manufacturer
R&D in China
1. China as an R&D location
2. Structure, Patents, Transferring Rights
3. Tailoring for the local environment
Module 4: China Operations – Finance, Legal, Risk, Planning
Focusing on China’s legal, financial and tax system as well as business risk in China, how they are developing, how you can prepare your company, and what to expect on the ground in China.
1. Doing Due Diligence
2. Banking & Currency management
3. Tax & financial reporting
1. Export/Import regulations and authorities
2. Contracts & legal documents
3. China’s Legal System – arbitration, mediation, litigation, etc.
IP and Risk Management
1. Physical, Financial, Legal, Reputation and IP risks
2. IP Management in China
Strategic Planning for China
1. Developing a robust strategic plan for China
2. Gaining senior management and Board support
3. Accessing support and further resources
Module 5: Marketing/Branding/Media
What type of Marketing/Branding/Media works for my business in China? This module helps you understand the China market and how you can use marketing, branding and the media to be successful there.
2. Demographic, Economic, Social/Cultural trends
3. Customer Motivation
4. Political/Legal limits
5. Market Research: Competitors, Technology, Trade Organizations
6. Branding examples & case studies
7. Look & Feel
11. Print Media
12. Broadcast Media
13. Social Media
14. eCommerce & other Media
15. Further Resources & Vendors
Module 6: Entry Mode
What type of legal entity in China is best for my business? This module helps you decide whether you need a Representative Office (RO), Wholly Owned Foreign Enterprise (WOFE), a Foreign Invested Commercial Enterprise (FICE), Joint Venture (JV) or agent/distributor arrangement.
1. RO - Pros & Cons - Set up overview
2. JV - Pros & Cons - Set up overview
3. WOFE - Pros & Cons - Set up overview
4. FICE - Pros & Cons - Set up overview
5. Ending your entity
6. Hong Kong & Taiwan
7. Further Resources & Vendors
Module 7: Human Resources
What are the Human Resource issues we need to consider in China? This module helps you understand the Human Resource complexities in China from the Expat or Local hire decision, to tax & social benefits costs.
1. Expat HR Management
2. Relocation & Management
3. Chinese HR Management
4. Outsourcing vs. In-House
6. How to find staff - chambers, recruitment agencies
8. Managing Chinese Staff
9. Risk Management
10. Dispute Resolution
11. Further Resources & Vendors
Module 8: Governance
What are the Governance issues surrounding my business in China & how can I address them? This module helps you understand the complexities of governance issues in China and how to handle them.
1. Background: Changing Governance structures in China
2. Institutional Framework
3. Shareholders general meeting
7. Audit System
8. Legal System
9. Stock exchanges
10. Institutional Investors
11. Problems of Corporate Governance in China
12. Further Resources & Vendors
Get This Training
Training is primarily funded by NZTE, so will only cost you NZ$50 per person, per day.
About This Training
Scheduled training class size is limited to ensure a good learning outcome. Trainings will be held across New Zealand allowing you to select the module, date and location most suitable to you (see calendar).
It is recommended that participants initially attend a scheduled training as the modules are designed to provide comprehensive information about doing business in China. For more specific in-depth training see custom training.
Ask A Question
...or use the contact us form